Where to learn about expositions, entertainment and special events?
It is practically impossible to get bored in Mexico, as there are so many possibilities to have fun all year round and affordable for any budget. You don´t have to leave the city in order to have days full of culture, gastronomic diversity and great activities for all the family.
You can find thorough information in the following sites:
- Coyoacán: For many years, its Main Square has been a place of reunion and refuge of artists, philosophers and writers. Its streets are filled with a bohemian and cultural vibe, and as you walk you will encounter markets, craft stores, coffee shops, restaurants, bars and museums (such as Frida Kahlo´s and Leon Trotsky houses) full of stories. https://centrodecoyoacan.mx/
- Xochimilco: Whether on foot or sailing a punt, visit every corner of this town that greets you with open arms and invites you to discover the beauty of its chinampas, surrounded by exceptional natural landscapes and ecotourism zones. Enjoy the emotional and colorful customs, fairs and parties of the festivities celebrated here. http://xochimilco.gob.mx/
- Palacio de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts Palace): This historic white marble building is a prominent cultural center in Mexico City that hosts some of the most important events in music, dance, theatre, opera and literature as well as world known painting, sculpture and photography exhibitions. It is also known as “Cathedral of Art in Mexico”. https://palacio.bellasartes.gob.mx/
- MUAC (University Museum of Contemporary Art): This museum is part of a cultural center in which other buildings dedicated to music, dance, theatre, cinema and a library are located. https://muac.unam.mx/
- Gobierno de la Ciudad de México: City Government sponsors concerts, exhibitions, special events and cultural shows, most of the time displayed in Main Square. In its site you will be able to find updated information about activities or questions regarding living in the city. https://www.cdmx.gob.mx/vive-cdmx/descubre