Changing residence is not an easy task, and it becomes even more difficult when you change not only your location but move abroad to a different language and culture. That is why it is important that the house you choose to live in becomes a home where you are happy the time of your stay in our country.
Here are some tips you can follow to make your home a cozier place where you enjoy spending time:
- Decorate: Yes, you can hire someone to do the work, but who better than you to decide what color or what material is best for you and your family as these will give an atmosphere to each room. Keep in mind to use tones that help enlighten every room.
- Use your memories: Travel photos, postcards, pictures or souvenirs that fill every corner and that will take you back to a pleasant moment back in time.
- Take advantage of the natural light that your home receives. Let it brew during the hours of sunshine and at night, take care of the artificial lighting with a warm lamp.
- The kitchen is like the heart of the house, one of the places where you spend so much time with family and friends. Paint its furniture (cupboards, table, chairs) or change it any way you need not only to give it a makeover, but to make it a spot where you can feel totally comfortable.
- Make sure everything is working properly: Faucets, gas, windows, air conditioning, heater, chimney, etc. If all services are in good condition it will be easier for you to adapt and get used to your new abode.
- Invite friends over: Have people over for dinner or a small reunion, because as you spend good times with loved ones in your new home, you will create new memories and anecdotes.
Remember it is not about the size or location, what really matters is every decision you make as you set it up, because you will leave a piece of your heart between those walls, so enjoy your stay in our country and have fun transforming your new home.