Mexican famous artists
Mexico is known not only for its wonderful climate and great gastronomic richness, but also for being the hotbed of great artists who have excelled worldwide. These are some talents that have uplifted our country:
- Diego Rivera (1886-1957) was one of our great muralists. His pictorial messages in favor of indigenous, workers, communism and working class earned him the admiration of the vulnerable groups.
- David Alfaro Siqueiros (1896-1974) was a painter who felt a predilection for working masses and Mexican cultural traditions of the pre-Columbian era. Together with José Clemente Orozco and Diego Rivera, was part of the vital triad of Mexican Muralism.
- José Clemente Orozco (1883-1949) is famous for his frescoes in the Supreme Court of Justice where he makes a satire about justice in our country.
- El Santo (1917-1984) was a professional wrestler and Mexican actor. With the nickname “Silver Masked”, he is an icon in the Mexican culture of the Twentieth Century.
- Roberto Gómez Bolaños (1929-2014) better known as “Chespirito”, was an actor, comedian, writer, screenwriter, composer, director and, creator of “El Chavo del Ocho” and “Chapulín Colorado”, among other characters that made him famous around the world.
- Frida Kahlo (1907-1954) was a Mexican painter which work thematically revolves around her biography and her own suffering.
- Mario Moreno “Cantinflas” (1911-1993) was an actor, winner of a Golden Globe in 1956. He is considered the greatest Mexican comedian because of his amazing cinematographic career. He can be called “Charles Chaplin of Mexico”.
- Pedro Infante (1917-1957) was an actor that starred in many films during the “Golden Age” of our national cinematography and was popularly known as “The Idol of Mexico”.
- Juan Soriano (1920-2006) was a Mexican artist recognized for his paintings, sculptures and work in theatre. His pieces can be found in public and private buildings in Mexico and European countries.
Weather in music, film, sculpture or painting, Mexican artists have put the name of our country aloft around the world and some are still reference for their great talent, even after they passed away